The Ashford Republican Town Committee’s mission is to uphold and advance Republican values. We believe that the proper function of government is to do those necessary things that cannot be done by individuals, and that the most effective government is government closest to the people – a government which minimizes its intervention into the lives of its citizens by promoting individual responsibility, initiative, and volunteerism. We are advocates for tax fairness and getting the greatest possible return of tax dollars to the Town of Ashford. We seek a high caliber of educational and municipal services at fair and reasonable costs to the community. We will accomplish our mission by recruiting civic-minded citizens for election or appointment to Town of Ashford boards and commissions, supporting Republican candidates for office at the local, state, and federal level who will be responsive to the needs of Ashford, actively encouraging the enrollment of Ashford residents as Republicans, and encouraging unaffiliated voters to support Republican candidates.
Specifically, the purposes and functions of the Ashford Republican Town Committee are to:
- Encourage able Republicans to run for office.
- Conduct and participate in party caucuses and/or conventions.
- Organize and direct general and special election campaigns.
- Support and elect Republicans to office. Study and support, or oppose, state legislation concerning Ashford.
- Study and recommend improvements in local government.
- Sponsor and encourage instructive party activities.
- Generate, administer, and distribute party funds.
- Submit the required periodic reports to the State Elections Commission through the Office of the Secretary of the State and the state party headquarters.